Korg MicroKorg S Synthesiser/Vocoder
Seen it cheaper? We aim to match authorised UK dealers
The Korg MicroKorg S is a synthesiser that comes with the ability to turn your voice into fully synthesised sounds and comes with a built-in 2+1 speaker system as well as a tonne of pre-programmed sounds for you to edit.
- See full product description
0% Finance: From only £36.13 per month!
The Korg MicroKorg S is a synthesiser that comes with vocoder capabilities which give you the ability to turn your voice into entirely synthesised sounds. The original MicroKorg was released in 2002, since then it has become a studio favourite around the globe thanks to the superior sound, intuitive design, and high-quality build. Now the original MicroKorg has received an update which ensures it will be able to withstand the test of time. The MicroKorg S is great for studio and on-stage use thanks to the brilliant sound and versatile sound engine.
|Korg MicroKorg Synthesiser/Vocoder|
Fitted inside the compact body of the MicroKorg S is a carefully constructed 2+1 speaker system that is made up of two stereo speakers with excellent imaging capabilities as well as a woofer that produces thick low-frequencies. The chassis features a new box structure with sufficient box volume and a bass reflex port which lets the unit take full advantage of the speakers providing you with a vast volume that far exceeds the size of the speakers with a rich low-end. The vibrations of the speakers will be felt in your fingertips and gives you tactile feedback allowing you to experience the same subtle and dynamic response as playing an acoustic instrument or electric piano.
The distinctive form of the MicroKorg has been loved worldwide for over 10 years, which is why the MicroKorg S follows the same design and layout only with a new white colour and elegant maple wood side panels while an increased memory and new programs offer loads more sound and effects to play with. The memory capacity has been expanded and is mainly centered around simple and present sounds that work excellently on stage, the addition of 64 powerful preset programs meet the needs of the ever-changing music scene with punchy lead sounds, fat basses, and electric piano sounds.
There are also 64 additional program slots for user programs allowing you to save your own sounds without having to overwrite the programmed presets and encourages sound design, just select a sound and edit it to your heart’s content. A brand new favourite select function gives you the ability to assign up to eight of your favourite sounds directly to an easily accessible bank so you can instantly recall them whenever you please and is an ideal function for live performances.
This new version of the MicroKorg features all the functionalities of the original including the ease of sound design by simply choosing a sound from a music genre the edit the sound as well as a vocoder with a supplied gooseneck condenser microphone and battery operation that allows you to perform anywhere. The MicroKorg S is perfect as a beginner’s first synthesiser thanks to the ease of use which is ideal for live performances or as a sound module for music production. The MicroKorg S will continue to play a role in every musical genre for years to come.
Korg MicroKorg S Synthesiser/Vocoder Key Features:
- Shape your sound, bring it anywhere.
- The microKORG S continues to build on the success of the original.
- Built-in 2+1 speaker system ensures a rich and full sound at any volume.
- Increased memory, new programs, and additional user programs.
- Elegant new design retains the spirit of the original.
- Favorite Select function.
- All of the functionality of the original MicroKORG, plus so much more.
Korg MicroKorg S Synthesiser/Vocoder Technical Specifications:
- Sound Generation: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Programs: 256 programs (192 Presets / 64 Users)
- Up to eight favorite programs can be registered
- Arpeggiator: 6 types (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger), Step Arpeggiator function.
- Controls: Real-Time control knob x5, Arpeggiator ON/OFF
- Keyboard: 37-keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU
- Amplifier Output/Speaker: 3 W / 4 cm x 1, 0.5 W / 3.5 cm x 2
- Display: 3 characters x1 line with 8 segment LED
- Power Supply: DC 9V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Battery Life: Approximately 4 hours or more (when using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH mm): 524 x 232 x 70
- Weight: 2.5kg (without batteries and included microphone)
- Included Items: AC adapter (DC 9V), Condenser Microphone
- Multi Timbres: 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- Structure 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator, Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF), EG ×2, LFO ×2, Virtual Patch x4
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- Structure 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator, EG ×1, LFO ×2, 8 Channels vocoder, Level and pan of each channel can be edited, Formant Shift function
- Modulation Effects: Flanger / chorus, phaser, ensemble (3 types)
- Delay: Stereo, cross, L/R (3 types)
- AUDIO IN 1 CONDENSER (with MIC/LINE switch, +5V, mini phone jack)
- AUDIO IN 1 DYNAMIC (with MIC/LINE switch, 1/4” phone jack)
- AUDIO IN 2 LINE (1/4” phone jack)
- L/MONO, R (1/4” phone jacks)
- Headphones (1/4” stereo phone jack)