Terms and Conditions
From hereinafter The DJ Shop (.co.uk) shall be known as 'We'.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Unless we are specifically asked about requirements or compatibility, we shall assume the customer is aware of what these are.
- All illustrations and product descriptions featured in our advertisements, web site or brochures are correct at the time of going to press or web pages going ‘live'. Any changes to the products will be mentioned on the website or at the time of ordering by mail order.
- All prices are quoted are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
- Prices and promotional offers are subject to change without notice. All are subject to availability.
- All products (inc. special offers, upgrades, promotions and free gifts) are subject to availability.
- The DJ Shop reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason at any time.
- All orders in The UK include VAT at the current rate, All orders outside the UK are not Vatable and are therefore gross prices
- Access, Mastercard, Visa, Switch, Solo, Delta cards are accepted without surcharge, however, we reserve the right to delivery only to the cardholders billing address or any other address acceptable to the card issuer.
- Your credit/debit card will be charged at the time of order in order to secure the goods.
- Personal or business cheques are welcome but will need to be cleared before the goods are shipped. This takes up to 7 working days from when we receive the cheque. Bankers drafts and building society drafts are acceptable as well as postal orders. These will be cleared immediately. You may also transfer funds (or pay by cash) directly into our bank account, in which case goods will be shipped as soon as funds have cleared. Please speak to a sales representative to obtain details and procedures.
- Personal or business cheques may be express cleared for a nominal fee of £15.
- No property or title of the goods shall pass from the DJ Shop to the customer until payment has been received in full. The customer is responsible for the goods from the time of delivery and liability to insure the goods then rests with the customer.
- If we have to part ship an order, due to a temporary stock shortage, subsequent part shipments will not carry a delivery charge. We will always try to let you know if an item is out of stock at the time when you place your order. If, however, you order new release items, we shall hold the order until all items are in stock unless you agree to pay an additional shipping charge.
- All shipments in transit from the DJ Shop are covered by the carrier's insurance.
- The Customer's signature will be required at the time of receipt and goods cannot be left without such a signature.
- Claims for non-delivery, missing items or damage to good in transit must be made as soon as possible.
- ‘Dead on arrival': Goods found to be faulty from new can be returned for replacement or refund. The customer must notify the DJ Shop as soon as possible.
- Failed delivery due to the customer (i.e. customer not present or refused goods) which are returned to the DJ Shop are subject to a £15 charge for the return. If the same goods are requested to be re-delivered, a minimum of £5 re-delivery charge will apply.
- Acceptable orders which have been placed and cleared by 3pm weekdays will be shipped that day for expected delivery in Mainland UK during the next working day, (barring systems failure etc.). If an order has not cleared in time, the DJ shop will contact the customer to inform them of any delay.
- Delivery charges are for Mainland UK only, extra carriage will be charged for deliveries to Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands of Scotland.
- Heavy single items over 20 kg eg speakers, bass bins, heavy stands etc will incur extra carriage charges. Any single item over 30 kgs are subject to £50 carriage per item over 30kg. If you would like to know extra charges call 02380 784500.
- Sefour and Zomo stands require an additional carriage charge starting from £15.00 depending on which stand due to size and weight and Zomo stands are shipped from Germany.
- The DJ Shop defines ‘cleared orders' as orders that have cleared funds and security checks.
- Paypal orders can only go to the registered address not third party addresses.
- Items that are flat packed can not be returned after they have been assembled
- Refused deliveries will incur a £35.00 per parcel refused delivery charge.
- Please note deliveries from Liteconsole will incur import duty as they are shipped from Germany and are all special orders
Shipping Orders Outside The UK
- If you place an order outside the UK, you may be subject to customs and import duties. As each country has its own regulations, it's best to check with your local customs office to determine applicable duties and taxes before placing your order.
- Once your order has left the UK, your order can not be cancelled.
- Every country's import charges differ, and The DJ Shop is not responsible for these charges.
- Please check your country's customs and import duties before purchasing from us.
- All products are covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
- Dead on arrival': Goods found to be faulty OR damaged from new can be returned for replacement or refund. The customer must notify the DJ Shop as soon as possible.
- Faulty or damaged out the box can be collected but must be in the original manufacturers packaging if being returned for exchange or refund. If the customer decides to return a faulty product inside the first 30 days we will reimburse the cheapest delivery option with is normally Yodel or Hermes standard delivery up to a maximum of £10.00 if its over this we will have to arrange a collection via our couriers, (if the product proves not to be faulty then the customer is responsible for carriage costs). You have to notify us via email that your product has gone faulty within 30 days and then return the item as soon as possible.
- Faulty goods being returned under warranty must be suitably packaged with suitable boxes and or bubble wrap to protect in transit.
6. Distance Selling
The following terms apply to mail order consumers as defined in the consumer rights act 2015
The consumer shall, subject to the terms set out in this Clause, have the right to cancel a Contract within 14 days of the date of delivery of the Goods by the Company to the consumer provided that he/she gives written notice of such cancellation and the goods returned to us within 14 days still sealed and unused.
a/ If a consumer exercises his/her right to cancel a Contract, the DJ Shop shall, in accordance with the Regulations, reimburse any payment made by the consumer within 30 days from the day on which he/she gave such notice of cancellations, provided that the consumer shall not be entitled to a prepayment in the event that:
a1/ He/she does not take reasonable care of the Goods either prior to cancellation of the Contract or, following cancellation, while the Goods remain in the possession of the consumer. For the purposes of this sub-clause A1, a consumer shall be deemed not to have taken reasonable care of the Goods if such Goods are not kept packed in their original box, with all accessories, manuals and cables and the internal or external packaging is defaced or damaged in any way; or has been used
a2/ The Goods are marked, damaged or not in the same condition in which they are sold.
The consumer is responsible for the cost of returning any unwanted items.
Goods that cant be returned under distance selling regulations are
a3/ There are some items that are non-refundable if you simply change your mind, these items include: CDs, DVDs, Styli, Lamps, Triacs, Gift Vouchers, or goods with software if you have either broken the seal if it has one or used the software, eg controllers, Production software, DAW or Tickets for concerts.
Equipment purchased by a business or for business use, eg Sole trader, Limited Company, Church, Schools, Colleges, mobile DJs etc or is used for a business. This is a business to business transaction and is therefore excluded from the consumer rights act regulations, eg Nightclubs, bars, mobile DJs, for use in bars, pubs, restaurants and private parties, businesses, and therefore can't be returned under the 14-day cooling-off period. All business to business sales are a back to base return policy, we will not arrange collection. The customer is responsible for the return to us.
a4/ Goods collected are £10 plus vat per parcel collection fee.
8. The New-DJ £25.00 off first order only applies to the first order placed and must be over £300.00 before delivery. Any orders under the threshold will be cancelled and refunded unless the order is topped up to over £300.00 of products not from Pioneer or Native. If you have any questions, please contact us before placing the order. Pioneer and Native Instruments are excluded from this offer.
By placing the order you are agreeing with our terms, conditions and refunds.
9. Please note when using a discount code, reward points, only 1 can be used on an order. EG you cant use 2 discount codes or 1 discount code and reward points on the same order.
10. We will not ship any card order that is not cardholder authenticated.
11. When you apply to purchase with Interest-Free Finance, we provide the information to our third-party finance provider, Deko, part of Pay4Later Limited, a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 728646. Pay4Later Ltd is a UK registered company, registration number 06447333 with registered offices at Exchequer Court, 33 St. Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8AG.
12. Please note no offer code can be used with 0% finance option. If a code is used the order would be cancelled.
13. No discount code can be used with any special offers. Only one discount can be used with any order and not combined with any other offer. Cashback can not be claimed if any other discount has been used. if a discount code has been used on any order the cashback claim will be declined. If you want to use cashback you cant put any discount code in the order. No discount codes are available on 0% finance. Discount codes can be used on finance with APR.
14. Discount codes can only be used in the UK excluding The Channel Islands, Gibraltar, or any UK VAT free area.
15. Finance is only available in the UK
16. Free headphones can be changed at any time to ones that are in stock
17. All refunds are done within 14 working days from the date of cancellation
18. A Pre-order is a product that is either a new release or a product that is currently out of stock with the manufacturers and will be shipped on either the release date if it's a new product or when it becomes available from the manufacturers. Please note, all pre-orders are shipped out in strict date order.
19. If we arrange collection for un wanted goods the cost is 15.00 plus VAT per parcel and will be deducted from the refund or you can return the goods via your own courier.
7. E-gift Vouchers & Gift Cards
1. E-gift vouchers are only redeemable online at www.thedjshop.co.uk.
2. E-Gift vouchers can be redeemed for things worth more than the amount saved on the card when the difference is paid.
3. If you do not use the whole balance on the e-gift voucher, the remainder will be held on the voucher. There will be no money exchange.
4. If a product purchased with an e-gift voucher is later exchanged for a lower-priced product or a refund, any money owed will be added back to your original e-gift voucher.
5. E-gift couchers cannot be returned, swapped for cash or used as payment with discount coupons.
6. Gift certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Any remaining balance will be cancelled after the validity period expires.
7. We retain the right to modify the gift card's terms and conditions at any moment. This has no effect on your legal rights.
8. Collection Of Goods
We will only arrange a collection from mainland UK, if you are outside Mainland UK you will be responsible for returning goods to us.
9. Price Match
We will attempt to Price Match any Genuine UK dealer, Product must be instock with competitor at time of Purchase. We will not price match eBay, Amazon any dealer who pretends to be in the UK but is infact outside the UK. We will not Price Match after order is placed only before.
To request a Price Match please email [email protected] with a screen shot of price you would like us to attempt to beat, we will advise whether we can beat or not. We will try but its not always possible. We will only Price Match via email so there is a record of the request and our reply. Do not place a order and then email or call after, it must be before order is placed.
Please note Price match must be on a like for like basis, EG we wont beat a price on Finance if the other store do not offer the same finance.
10. Return Policy
We have a 14-day returns guarantee, which means that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you are able to return it to us in its original condition within 14 days of receiving the products, and we will provide a full refund of the original purchase price paid. The only condition under this policy is that the return meets the following criteria*.
- It is the customer's responsibility to return any unwanted goods to us before we can issue a refund.
- Products that have been returned are undamaged and show no indications of wear.
- Items are returned in their original packaging, including all accessories and manuals.
- ** In-ear headphones cannot be returned for hygienic reasons unless they are defective.
- ** Software and online service vouchers are not returnable.
3rd Party Cashback Deals
Please note, Pioneer DJ, Denon DJ, Technics and Rane are excluded from any cashback websites. 0% Finance is not available for cashback claims. if 0% finance is used any cashback claim will be declined.
Consumer rights act 2015
Please note any purchase used for commercial, Business use is excluded from the consumer rights act and is under the sale of goods act, this includes and not limited to, Bars, Clubs, Schools, Mobile DJs, Club DJs, Hotels, Churches, Pubs, Restaurants, Shops, etc etc
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights and should be read in conjunction with our refunds policy which is available to read here
Movement Sound & Lighting Limited Trading as The DJ Shop.
Company reg no 3617782 | VAT No 717 8990 83
Address: Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 4AR
11. Procedure for Consumer Finance Complaints
If you are dissatisfied with any of our products or the service you have received in connection with your application for Consumer Retail Finance, please follow the steps in our complaints procedure, which are outlined below, to understand how to file a complaint with Movement Sound & Lighting Ltd T/A www.thedjshop.co.uk. During the procedure, it might be necessary for our team to speak with our consumer finance provider directly to discuss the complaint. If this happens, we will let you know if and when this might take place.
Please be advised that this procedure is only for complaints related to Consumer Finance applications. This procedure will not apply to any complaints unrelated to a consumer finance application.
A member of our customer service team is capable of handling the majority of complaints. Please get in touch with us by calling 02380 784500 or sending an email to [email protected]. Please have your order number on hand and complete details about the complaint to speed up the process. Depending on the type of complaint, we will try to resolve it within 72 hours from the time it is filed with our customer support staff. We will inform you about any delays and offer a new resolution date if extra time is needed due to additional investigations, etc.
Please continue to the second step below if you do not think your issue has been handled satisfactorily.
Please inform the customer support representative handling your request of your choice to escalate your complaint. After that, the agent will enter your grievance in the complaints database and notify management. Please specify how you would like to be contacted in the future and how you will be updated on your complaint.
Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 4AR
Our management staff will contact you via your selected means of correspondence after receiving your complaint to confirm receipt. You will be informed that we will reply to your complaint within seven working days of receiving it. We will now inform our current retail finance partner of the issue and share all earlier and subsequent correspondence with the required departments.
Depending on the type of complaint, we might need more time to look into every aspect. If we need extra time to complete our enquiry, you will be informed and given an explanation within seven days.
Once we have made a decision regarding your complaint, we will contact you and provide you with our definitive response. If necessary, we can also give you our formal response in writing.
Please continue to the third step below if you believe your complaint still needs to be resolved in a suitable manner.
You may be entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are unsatisfied with how we handled your complaint and the outcome of our final response. An independent organisation called the Financial Ombudsman Service was created by legislation to offer a free service for addressing consumer complaints. The Financial Ombudsman Service must receive complaints within specific time frames. Below is the contact information.
Phone: 08000 234567 or 0300 123 9 123
E-mail: [email protected]
Post: The Financial Ombudsman Service South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR