Korg Volca Drum Digital Percussion Synthesizer
Seen it cheaper? We match authorised UK dealers
The Korg Volca Drum is a digital drum synthesizer that is perfect for percussive sounds allowing you to give your productions and performances some added grooves.
- See full product description
0% Finance: Spend £128.00 more to qualify.
The Korg Volca Drum is a digital percussion synthesizer that is based on simple trigger waveforms and uses wave folders as well as an overdrive to add overtones and distortion, a waveguide resonator effect then brings your beats to life. A newly developed six-part DSP synth engine works on a completely different philosophy than conventional drum machines allowing it to generate a wide variety of new and exciting sounds which you can then play using the volca-style sequencer.
|Korg Volca Drum|
Typically digital drum machines are based upon PCM-sampled drum sounds; however, the Volca Drum uses oscillator waveforms such as sine, sawtooth, and noise. You can then sculpt these waveforms by applying various changes such as envelopes, filters, modulation, and pitch. This allows you to create a wide range of percussion sounds that can sound realistic or idiosyncratic and not only limited to drum sounds. Each six parts are made up of two layers which can be used for any sound; all parts have the same specifications. You can then freely assign your sounds to the six parts without limitations. A kit consists of the six parts you have assigned as well as waveguide resonator effect settings, 16 kits can be stored in the internal memory.
An integrated 16-step sequencer is perfect for improvisation and on-the-fly beat making, you can create patterns using the 16 buttons, each corresponds to one of the 16 steps. Alternatively, the Volca Drum supports real-time recording so you can construct patterns while looping playback. A pattern chain function lets you play multiple sequences successively allowing for desired patterns of consecutive numbers. Up to 16 step sequences can be connected to construct patterns with 256 steps. Using the motion sequence function the Volca Drum can memorise knob movements during real-time recording for modulated effects, a total of 69 parameters can be memorised at once.
Korg Volca Drum Digital Percussion Synthesiser Key Features:
- Keyboard: Multi touch trigger pads/Step keys
- Synthesizer Type: Digital synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 6
- Structure: 6 parts (For each part, 2 oscillators, pitch modulator, and amp EG), waveguide resonator effect.
- Kits: 16 (Settings for 6 parts + Settings for waveguide resonator) Kit No.1 – No.10 are factory preset.
- Program: 16 (Sequence pattern, Motion sequence, Kit No.) Program No.1 – No. 10 are factory preset.
- Sequencer Number of parts: 6
- Sequencer Number of steps: 16 (pattern chain is available)
- Sequencer Number of recording patterns: 16
Korg Volca Drum Digital Percussion Synthesiser Technical Specifications:
- Audio Output: Headphones jack (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In: Jack 3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V
- Sync Out: Jack 3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V
- MIDI: MIDI IN
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply: AA alkaline battery × 6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery × 6, or KA-350 AC adapter (sold separately)
- Dimensions (WxDxH mm) 193 × 115 × 39
- Weight: 370g (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery × 6 (for verifying operation), Sync cable
- Accessories (sold separately): KA-350 AC adapter, SEQUENZ CB-4VOLCA hard shell case, SEQUENZ CC-VOLCA soft shell case, SQ-CABLE-6 Sync cable