Roland UA-1610 Studio-Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Seen it cheaper? We match authorised UK dealers
The Roland Studio-Capture is a flagship audio interface which raises the bar when it comes to computer-based audio production and is equipped with 16 inputs alongside 10 outputs, 5-pin MIDI ports, and 12 premium-grade VS microphone pre-amps. You get high-quality 24-bit 192kHz recording capabilities inside of a highly-portable compact unit that can easily fit into your travel bag.
- See full product description
0% Finance: From only £36.13 per month!
The UA-1610 Studio-Capture is Roland’s flagship audio interface that raises the bar when it comes to performance standard for computer-based audio editing, recording, and production. The Studio Capture is equipped with a total of 16 inputs, 10 outputs, 5-pin MIDI ports, and 12 premium-grade microphone pre-amplifiers, an industry first for such a compact audio interface. The broad range of connectivity options allows for professional level setups inside of a single, super-portable tabletop unit that can comfortably fit into a flight case or travel bag.
The Studio-Capture is fitted with 12 digitally controlled VS microphone pre-amplifiers that have been constructed using high-quality components that work to deliver an incredibly low noise performance with loads of headroom and a transparent sound; there are 12 combo XLR/¼-inch inputs, four of which are easily accessible from the front panel. Available on each channel is +48 Phantom Power as well as a low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression which can be utilised directly from the front panel and graphic LCD screen. You can adjust the compressor's settings from within the supplied Studio-Capture software.You get excellent sounding 24-bit/192kHz audio alongside extensive front-panel level indicators, XLR monitor outputs with a dedicated level control, dual headphone outputs, versatile drivers with VS streaming technology, and so much more. The durable and highly-portable design is always ready to take on large-scale recording projects as whether you’re on the road or in the studio, the Studio-Capture confidently raises the bar on audio interfaces and offers the most versatile functions for an interface in its price bracket.
The generous and highly-versatile in/outputs options provide you with a total of 16 inputs, 12 combo inputs while inputs 13 – 16 feature their own dedicated rear-panel ¼-inch TRS Jack connections. Inputs 1 and 2 come with a Hi-Z function for guitar and bass instruments while inputs 15 and 16 can be assigned to the coaxial digital input. Eight analogue outputs allow you to set up and route extensive monitor mixes while the main stereo XLR outputs let you connect directly to your monitor speakers. There are also 5-pin MIDI ports fitted with Roland’s advanced FPT processing for superior high-speed performance.
With 24-bit recording at rates of up to 192 kHz, the Studio-Capture offers exceptionally stable and low-latency USB performance thanks to Roland’s proprietary VS streaming technology. All current Digital Audio Workstations are supported through ASIO drivers for Windows and Core Audio 2.0/WDM for Mac computers while VS Streaming technology allows you to expand upon your setup by using two Studio Capture units on the same USB bus without compromising reliability or sound quality.
Exclusive to Roland’s Capture range is the innovative Auto-Sens function which instantly sets an ideal input level on an instrument channel when the instrument is played, this allows you to quickly set up and get recording within seconds without needing to worry about setting each channel level. Simply turn on the Auto-Sens feature with the dedicated control on the front panel and connect an instrument and when played the Studio-Capture will automatically set the perfect input level within seconds. This function is ideal for professional and beginner musicians and producers and is the perfect fail-safe for quickly getting set up when recording a drum kit or entire band saving you valuable time.
There are vibrant, and ultra-responsive LED level indicators allow you to easily view when your each channel signal is peaking as well as the output channels and monitor output. The monitor output section comes with a dedicated level control as well as a direct monitor knob for listening directly to selected input signals. Two headphone outputs each feature their own dedicated level control which allows musicians and engineers to monitor simultaneously without the need for extra hardware while a digital LCD screen with intuitive controls that enable you to navigate the various settings and function with ease.
The Studio-Capture gives you four independent Direct Mixers offering zero-latency monitoring which is operated by the software control panel. Each mix can be routed to any of the outputs thanks to the internal Digital Signal Processor which is ideal for sending custom monitor mixes to headphones, speakers, and even recording devices. You can then save mix configurations to be used for later use, providing you with rapid access to different setup configurations for various applications, this allows you to have a recording configuration for your studio as well as a live performance configuration for your performances that have different routing setups. A high-quality reverb effect is also available for the monitor mixes allowing vocalists and instrumentalists to listen to an affected monitor mix while you record a dry signal.
Roland Studio-Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface Key Features:
- High-performance USB 2.0 audio interface for studio and mobile production
- 16 audio inputs and 10 audio outputs, including 12 premium mic preamps (VS PREAMP)
- VS STREAMING delivers ultra-stable, low-latency driver performance for Windows and Mac
- AUTO-SENS intelligently sets optimal input levels for all preamps
- Individual input/output meters and input channel buttons
- Four independent, software-controlled monitor mixes
- XLR monitor out, direct monitor, and dual headphone outputs with independent front-panel level knobs
- Coaxial digital I/O; MIDI I/O with FPT
- Expand your I/O by using two STUDIO-CAPTUREs together, both controlled with a single driver
- 2U rackmount ears included
Roland Studio-Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface Technical Specifications:
- Headroom: 18 dB
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Block Diagram leaflet, AC adaptor, STUDIO-CAPTURE Driver CD-ROM, Rack mount angle x 2, USB cable, License agreement
- Width: 284 mm
- Depth: 162 mm
- Height: 89 mm
- Weight: 1.9 kg
Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Record: 16 channels
- Playback: 10 channels
- Sampling Rate: 192 kHz
- Record: 8 channels
- Playback: 4 channels
- PC interface: 24 bits
- AD/DA Conversion: 24 bits
- AD/DA Conversion: 192 kHz, 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- DIGITAL (IN/OUT): 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
Nominal Input Level (variable)
- Input 1–12 jacks (XLR type): -60 to -2 dBu
- Input 1–12 jacks (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -54 to +4 dBu
- Input 13–16 jacks (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -20, -10, +4 dBu
Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT 1–8 jacks: +4 dBu (balanced)
- OUTPUT 1–2 jacks (XLR type): 600 ohms (balanced)
- OUTPUT 1–8 jacks (1/4-inch TRS phone type): 2k ohms (balanced)
- PHONES: 47 ohms
- 192.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 60 kHz (+0/-2 dB), 20 Hz to 90 kHz (+0/-8 dB)
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 40 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
Residual Noise Level
- INPUT 1–2 -> OUTPUT 1–2: -90 dBu typ. (SENS = min., Input terminated with 600 ohms, IHF-A)
- * Input channel fader = Unity
- AD block INPUT 1–2: 105 dB typ. (SENS = min.)
- DA block OUTPUT 1–2: 114 dB typ.
- INPUT 1–12 jacks *1: XLR type (balanced, phantom power *2: DC +48 V (unloaded maximum), 10 mA (maximum load))
- INPUT 1–16 jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT 1–8 jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)
- COAXIAL IN jack: RCA phono type (conforms to IEC60958)
- COAXIAL OUT jack: RCA phono type (conforms to IEC60958)
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB Type B
- DC IN jack