Welcome to the new and improved Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2. Several features have been inherited from the industry standard, and top of the range, CDJ-2000NXS2 bringing this USB only multiplayer to the forefront of DJ technology.
|XDJ-1000MK2 Official Introduction|
The main XDJ-1000MK2 features include a 7-inch, LCD, high-resolution, full-colour touchscreen display, FLAC and ALAC files are supported for optimum sound quality in addition to WAV, MP3, AAC and AIFF files, Track Filter allows for sorting tracks via BPM or Key, the Matching feature allows tagged tracks in Rekordbox to be displayed when your current track is being played (great for live performances), a large jog wheel and improved track browsing through the use of the Qwerty keyboard available on the touchscreen.
XDJ-1000MK2’s are Rekordbox ready which allows for tracks to be managed and played via numerous devices including PC, Mac, Smartphone, iPhone or tablet. Also, included is Pro DJ Link which provides the ability to use one USB to play music on up to four multiplayers. Pro DJ Link in itself opens up new features such as Beat Count and Phase Meter, Link Export and Beat Sync. Beat Count and Phase Meter can be used to highlight key points on a track and count down the beats from up to 64 bars, and display the position of each player via the master deck through the location of the beat in the bar. Link Export is used to play tracks from the Rekordbox Library using a USB or LAN cable and Beat Sync can be used to line up the beat positions and BPMs of tracks that are playing on two, Pro DJ Link, connected multiplayers.
Pioneer’s improved XDJ-1000 adopts some superb performance features including Quantize function which allows for Cue and Loop points to be automatically synced with the current playing track once it has been beat-analysed in Rekordbox, Hot Cues where playback can be started at any predetermined point (up to 8 Hot Cues can be set) and MIDI controller interface where there is the option to connect a DDJ-SP1 controller (available separately) that creates an, even more, hands on control.
The Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 contains other attributes worth mentioning such as the exceptional audio quality with unwanted noise (thanks to the separate power supply circuit for the analogue audio and digital circuit), large RGB waveforms visible on the display, Wave Zoom, multicoloured USB port (ability to colour code the USB device within Rekordbox), Beat Jump (jump 1, 2 or 4 beats back or forward from current point), Memory Cues, My Settings (modify your system to your preference with effortless switchover capability when in the DJ booth), Shortcut button (use to switch to browse or My Settings) and MIDI/HD control.
KEY FEATURES OF THE XDJ-1000MK2
1. CDJ-style design
The XDJ-1000MK2 handles just like the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2. Large jog wheels and a 7-inch colour touch screen give you intuitive control over your mix.
2. High-quality files supported among various formats
FLAC and ALAC files are now supported for high-quality sound, as well as MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files. You can play tracks prepared in rekordbox directly from your USB storage devices, or from your laptop by using rekordbox, or from your smartphone/iPhone or tablet by using rekordbox mobile for Android or iOS.
3. High-resolution colour LCD touch screen
Finding your next track on the XDJ-1000MK2 comes naturally thanks to the new high-resolution touch screen taken from the CDJ-2000NXS2, which displays large RGB waveforms and includes two new browsing features, Matching and Track Filter.
Matching: Audition tracks in rekordbox before your performance and mark the ones that mix well together. When playing one of those tracks in your set, the XDJ-1000MK2 suggests matched tracks to play next.
Track Filter: Refine your track search by filtering tracks by rekordbox information such as My Tag, as well as BPM and Key. Touch the screen and you can easily find related tracks to fit into your performance.
Search: Bring up the Qwerty keyboard on the touch screen to search for tracks quickly by name or keyword.
4. Expanded performance features
Unleash your creativity using a number of features inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS2.
Hot Cues: Instantly start playback at a preset point. Up to eight Hot Cues can be set in advance to give you even more choice in the mix.
Quantize: Cue and loop points on tracks that have been beat-analysed in rekordbox will automatically set in time with the track you’re playing. You can fine-tune the Quantize value even more accurately for total control.
MIDI controller interface: Connect the DDJ-SP1 controller with a USB cable for tactile control of numerous features of the XDJ-1000MK2, including Hot Cues, auto loops and Slip Mode. One DDJ-SP1 can control up to four XDJ multiplayers using Pro DJ Link.
5. Pro DJ Link
Pro DJ Link lets you play tracks from one USB device across up to four multiplayers and unlocks a host of information and features.
Link Export: Connect your laptop using a USB or LAN cable to play tracks directly from your rekordbox library instead of using a USB device.
Beat Count and Phase Meter: Use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and Beat Count will count down the beats to them from up to 64 bars away. Phase Meter shows the position of the beat in the bar, so you can compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
Beat Sync: Hit the Beat Sync button and you can align the beat positions and BPMs of tracks (that have been beat-analysed in rekordbox) playing on two multiplayers connected by Pro DJ Link.
6. rekordbox ready
Use rekordbox to manage and prepare your tracks on your PC/Mac, tablet, smartphone or iPhone and use the XDJ-1000MK2’s features for creative performances on the fly.
7. High-quality audio
The XDJ-1000MK2 inherits high-quality audio design from the CDJ-2000NXS2. As well as analogue output terminals, a digital output sends audio without degradation, and the power supply circuit for analogue audio is completely separate from the digital circuit, reducing unwanted noise.
8. Other features
- Shortcut button: Instantly switch to Browse mode or bring up My Settings.
- Multicoloured wave display and Wave Zoom: Visually shows entire tracks from rekordbox.
- Memory Cues: Check comments on Memory Cues that you’ve preset in rekordbox.
- My Settings: Prepare your system’s setting preferences in rekordbox and instantly switch to your own settings during DJ changeovers in the booth.
- Beat Jump: Instantly jump backwards or forwards 1, 2 or 4 beats from the current playback position.
- Multicoloured USB port: Colour-code your USB devices in rekordbox, e.g. red for techno or blue for drum & bass, and the light around the USB port will reflect that setting for ease of identification in the booth.
- MIDI/HID control: Use the XDJ-1000MK2 with our performance application rekordbox dj.
Playable media ：iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, Android phone, etc.
USB storage devices: (flash memory/HDD, etc.), PC / Mac
Playable files：MP3 (Sampling rate: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit depth: 16-bit), AAC (Sampling rate: 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit depth: 16-bit) WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Apple Lossless
(Sampling rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit depth: 16/24-bit)
* rekordbox for iPhone: MP3 and AAC only
USB storage support
- file systems ：FAT, FAT32, HFS+
- Frequency response ：4 Hz ～ 20 kHz
- S/N ratio ：115 dB or more
- Total harmonic
- distortion ：0.003% or less
- USB ports ：USB (Type A) ×１, USB (Type B) ×１
- Audio output ports ：AUDIO OUT (RCA) ×１, DIGITAL OUT（COAXIAL）× 1
- Other ports ：LAN（100Base-TX）× 1
- Audio output voltage ：2.0 Vrms
- Power requirements ：AC 110～240 V (50 Hz/60 Hz)
- Power consumption ：30 W
- Max external dimension
- (W x D x H) ：305.0 mm × 382.5 mm × 110.0 mm
- Weight ：3.7 kg
Rekordbox MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- OS（Windows） ：Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (The latest service pack)
- OS（Mac） ：Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9（Updated to the latest version）
- CPU ：IntelⓇ processor CoreTM i7, i5, i3
- IntelⓇ processor CoreTM 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or above
- Memory ：4GB or more of RAM
- Hard Drive ：250MB or more of free space
- (not including space for storing music files, etc.)
- Display resolution ：Resolution of 1280 x 768 or greater
- Wow! Review by Ben Kirby
Quality Customer Service Price Value
I purchased mine on Monday and they arrived Tuesday Morning, now that's speedy delivery!
The xdj1000mk2s are a major upgrade from my ndx400 players. The features and performance qualities are outstanding and the Rekordbox DJ software is awesome too.
(Posted on 15/12/2016)