The Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 Professional DJ Mixer follows in the path of its predecessor the DJM-900 nexus with improved FX and new top-quality audio parts. Incorporated within the robust casing, the mixer has been fitted with a pioneering 64-bit mixing processor, enabling the sound to be more innate and meticulous. In addition to this there is also a quality 24-bit/96kHz soundcard, direct digital connection and improved analogue input.
The controls on the unit have been enhanced and are even more receptive as a result of a new gain structure, better EQ and fader curves, more precise clip indicator and peak limiter.
The DJM-900NXS2 MK2 now has even more scope for managing sounds and effects. There are 14 Beat FX including the new Vinyl Brake, Pitch, Helix and Ping Pong and improved Reverb. The FX Frequency allows the frequency range to be applied to effects, larger X-Pad with OLED screen for simpler viewing and a channel selection LED to instantly see which Beat FX is applied to which channel.
Within the 6 Sound Colour FX there is a parameter knob which modifies settings for each effect, Gate/Comp has been replaced by Sweep and larger knobs allowing for even more precise and personal modifications.
There is an autonomous Send/Return which means a decision does not have to be made between Beat FX and External FX, instead an external FX controller(e.g. apps on an iPad) can be connected and then layer it on top of the on-board FX. Brilliant stuff!
Finally, there are two USB ports, four phono inputs, top loaded input switcher, ProDJ Link (where four players can be connected and use only one source), gold-plated RCAs, two headphone plugs (¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin), Magvel fader and DVS support which allows Rekordbox DJ DVS to be controlled by Rekordbox performance software via turntables or players (Rekordbox DVS Plus Pack coming soon).
Andy Kayll, sound engineer at DC10 says “I played a couple of tracks on the DJM-900NXS2 and I was quite astounded, it sounds like no other Pioneer DJ mixer I’ve heard,” and that “Going up from 32-bit to 64-bit, the sound is so much more accurate and natural, you can hear it's much warmer.”
NEW FEATURES OF THE DJM-900NXS2 IN DETAIL
Achieve smoother mixes with the improved EQ, clip controls and faders
The DJM-900NXS2 has added nuanced frequency and volume controls for smoother, more dynamic mixing:
- New EQ curves: You now have even more precision across the high, mid and low range frequencies.
- Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been finely tuned to give more accuracy and control over your mixes.
- Peak limiter: reduces unwanted distortion, even at high volumes.
- Improved clip indicator: Less clipping and more mixing due to the redesigned gain structure, this also ensures that the led meters do not drift into the red too early.
Premium audio components for a warmer, in-depth sound
Many of the DJM-900NXS2s audio components have been revamped to deliver clear sound with more depth and colour:
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection: accurately reproduces high-resolution audio for that perfect sound.
- Superior digital sound processing: 64-bit mixing processing, enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm and natural analogue sound.
- Better analogue input: a new phono amp circuit has been fitted along with a new signal GND terminal, to attach ground wires effortlessly from analogue turntables.
- Newly developed power supply: eliminates unnecessary noise and delivers a warmer natural sound.
Extra FX control and an independent Send/Return
The mixers FX and its controls have been entirely redesigned to deliver comprehensive levels of manipulation for further creativity and originality in your performances:
- New Sweep: replaces Gate/Comp
- Larger rotary knobs: for more nuanced control of all sound colour FX.
- New parameter knob: alters different parameters for each effect.
- New FX: Vinyl Brake, Helix, Ping Pong, Pitch, improved Reverb.
- Bigger X-Pad with OLED screen: Changing the toggle FX and parameters couldn't be easier compared to the previous 900 nexus mixer.
- FX Hi, Mid, Low Frequency: choose which frequency range to apply effects to for added manipulation and creativity.
- Channel selection LED: simply identify which channels you are applying Beat FX to.
DVS support, Two USB ports and 4 Phono Inputs for total flexibility and flawless DJ handovers
The DJM-900NXS2 has several inputs to offer you complete freedom to DJ with the source of your choice:
- 2 USB ports and a top-loaded input switcher: for swift and seamless DJ handovers between different PCs/Macs.
- DVS (Digital Vinyl System) control: use turntables/players to control rekordbox DJ performance software via the rekordbox DJ DVS Plus Pack (coming soon).
- 4 Phono Inputs: connect up to 4 turntables to channels 1, 2, 3 or 4 for even more scope and flexibility.
Pro DJ Link via LAN or USB unlocks several advanced features
Pro DJ Link lets you connect and share source information on up to 4 multiplayer’s, see detailed rekordbox information and unlock numerous other advanced features including the admired Quantize. You can also connect a PC/Mac with just one USB cable to control rekordbox DJ and other DJ software with all 4 players.
High grade, rugged build for professional use
The DJM-900NXS2 is built to withstand vigorous professional use.
- Magvel Fader: highly responsive magnetic crossfader designed for smooth operation and superb durability.
- 2 headphone connection plugs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin connections, also a great feature for duo and back-to-back DJ sets.
- Gold-plated RCAs: for the best sound quality on all connections
Number of channels
4 x audio channels, 2 x MIC channels
Digital In x 4 (coaxial), Line In x 4 (RCA), Phono x 4 (RCA), MIC x 2 (XLR & ¼-inch TRS jack x 1, 1/4” TRS JACK x 1)
Master Out x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1), Booth Out x 1 (1/4“ TRS jack), Headphone Monitor Out x 1(1/4” stereo jack, 3.5mm stereo min-jack), Rec Out x 1 (RCA), Digital Out x 1 (coaxial)
Send x 1 (1/4” TS jack), Return x 1 (1/4” TS jack), USB B x ２, USB A x 1, Link (LAN) x 1
20Hz ～ 40ｋHz (Line)
Total Harmonic Distortion ratio
0.005％ or less (Line-Master1）
105 dB (Line)
Max external dimension
(W x D x H)
333 x 414.2 x 107.9 mm
REKORDBOX DJ SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 Pro / Windows 8.1 Pro (The latest service pack)
Windows® 7 Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate (The latest service pack)
Intel® Processer Dual Core 2.0 GHz or higher
4GB or more of RAM
Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8 (Updated to the latest version)
Intel® Processer Dual Core 2.0 GHz or higher
4GB or more of RAM
250MB or more of free space (not including space for storing music files, etc.)
Audio output to speakers, headphones, etc. (internal or external audio device)
A USB 2.0 port is used to connect a controller or a mixer, and export track files to a USB storage device such as a flash drive and a hard disk drive
Playable music file
FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MP3, AAC
An internet connection is needed to create a rekordbox user account and to download and activate the software
1280 × 768 or greater