To stay ahead in the DJ industry it is imperative to combine DJ performances with live instruments and music production, as a result Pioneer has developed the ultimate TORAIZ AS-1 monophonic synthesizer.
|TORAIZ AS-1 Video|
Pioneer has crafted a new analogue synthesizer in collaboration with Dave Smith Instruments for music production and live performances, introducing the TORAIZ AS-1, the second musical instrument in the TORAIZ series that brings a whole new range of creative possibilities to the studio or stage.
Based on the discrete analogue circuitry of Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-6 synthesizer, the AS-1 synth is guided by a fully programmable, true analogue engine. After carefully working with the legend Dave Smith himself, Pioneer has built a synthesizer that produces powerful analogue sounds and is an ideal addition to the set-ups of professional and aspiring producers and DJs.
Pioneers experience in making DJ equipment, and production gear has significantly influenced the development of the new synthesizers user interface and performance features. The intuitive controls include parameter knobs that allow you to make both subtle and dynamic changes to the tone of your music, creating your own personalised sound. The touchpad-style keyboard and slider mean you can manipulate sounds during performances on-the-fly, and it is ultra-easy to manipulate the seven on-board effects which come from the Prophet-6 synth along with the addition of a brand new digital distortion.
The TORAIZ AS-1 synthesizer and TORAIZ SP-16 live sampler can be connected via MIDI and uses the sampler’s sophisticated sequencer to create even more intricate patterns with the vibrant and powerful analogue sounds you have made inside the synthesiser. The two instruments can be connected to your DJM mixer via Pro DJ Link and MIDI, creating a unique set-up where the CDJs play the tracks. The TORAIZ SP-16 Sampler adds in loops and one-shots, and the TORAIZ AS-1 Synth plays one-of-a-kind analogue leads, in sync with the BPM of the music.
Key Features of the TORAIZ AS-1:
True Analogue Sounds from Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-6.
Creating your own fat basses and exciting leads has never been so appealing thanks to the synthesis engine at the very core of the TORAIZ AS-1, which is based on the analogue circuitry of Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6 synthesizer. The AS-1 features two voltage-controlled oscillators (VCO) with continuously variable triangle, sawtooth and pulse wave shapes. These can be further sculpted using the two voltage-controlled filters (VCF), which have also been depicted from the Prophet-6: a 4-pole, resonant low-pass filter that can be self-oscillated and a 2-pole, resonant high-pass filter.
Full programmability and 495 presets.
The AS-1 synth allows you to create one-of-a-kind sounds using two voltage-controlled oscillators, two voltage-controlled filters, one voltage-controlled amplifier, two envelope generators and one low-frequency oscillator. You can then save each sound and it's parameter settings so you can access them later. The synthesizer comes with 495 preset programs for inspiration; each patch comes with a different sound set-up plus 64-step sequence that can be edited independently. Alongside this, you can save up to 495 of your own patches in the five user banks and can assign up to 13 patches as “Quick Programs” to each key on the keyboard and instantly recall them at any time.
FX from the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-6 Synthesiser.
The dual effects engine has been derived from the Prophet-6. Add a single effect or pair together to add extra texture to your sounds. A true bypass function preserves a pure analogue signal path.
- FX1: Ring Modulation, Bucket Brigade Delay and Distortion.
- FX2: Hi-resonance Phaser, Lo-resonance Phaser and Maestro Phaser and Chorus.
Intuitive User Interface and Performance Features.
A touchpad-style keyboard and slider allow you to create unique sounds and phrases. Harness your creativity using features such as the 64-step sequencer, arpeggiator and Scale Mode, adding more possibilities to your performance.
- Keyboard and Scale Mode: Perform with the sounds you’ve created with the touchpad-style keyboard and use Scale Mode to choose from any of the 21 onboard scales and alter the notes assigned to the keys. This means you don’t need an extensive understanding of musical theory, simply select the scale you want to play and the TORAIZ AS-1 keeps you in perfect harmony.
- Slider: Moving your finger up and down the slider manipulates your choice of seven parameters, allowing you to add even more dynamics to your performance. This slider is about to become one of the most essential tools in your live performances.
- Arpeggiator: The arpeggiator performs a repeating chord pattern by holding on to notes on the keyboard. Then change it in real time, by octave or by changing its key in semitones. Experiment with different scales or match the scale of a track that’s playing.
- 64-step sequencer: Using the 64-step sequencer you can step record patterns and change the musical key of a pattern in real time. Quickly find inspiration from a preset sequence pattern and use the Sequence Lock so you can play the keyboard and quickly edit the sound without ruining the pattern that’s playing.
- Vibrant OLED displaying that shows parameter information.
- USB-B port and MIDI terminals (IN, OUT/THRU) for quick and simple connections to a PC/Mac or external MIDI device.
- Robust metal chassis, suitable for studio or stage use.
KEY FEATURES OF THE TORAIZ AS-1
- True analog sound from Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6
- Two voltage-controlled oscillators
- Two voltage-controlled filters
- Two envelope generators
- Voltage-controlled amplifier and low-frequency oscillator
- Full programmability with 495 presets, 495 user programs and Quick Program
- Dual FX engine with seven FX (six from the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-6 synth)
- Touchpad-style keyboard and slider
- Scale Mode
- 64-step sequencer with Sequence Lock
- Bright OLED display
- Easy connection to a PC/Mac or an external MIDI device
- Robust metal chassis
- Sound generation: Analog synthesis
- Power supply: AC adaptor (DC 5V)
- Power consumption: 1,500 mA
- Maximum dimensions (WｘDｘH): 267.4 mm x 177.7 mm x 68.6 mm / 10.5” × 7.0” × 2.7”
- Weight: 1.4 kg
- Accessories: AC adaptor, Power cord, Quick Start Guide
Input / Output Terminals
- Outputs: AUDIO OUT L/R ((¼-inch TS jacks), PHONES (¼-inch stereo phone jack)
- MIDI: MIDI IN (5P DIN), MIDI OUT/THRU (5P DIN)
- USB: USB (Type B)
- Others: TRIGGER IN (¼-inch TS jack)