Introducing the Akai MPC X Standalone Music Production Center, building on the world-famous lineage of the world famous MPC sampler series. Akai return with the MPCX to help push the boundaries of modern music production even further.
The Akai MPCX is a fully standalone production center and features a full colour 10.1" multi-touch screen, 16 velocity-sensitive RGB pads and 16GBs of internal storage. The X is powered by the superior-quality MPC 2.0 Software and runs fully without the need for a computer; this makes the music production process a completely computer-free experience. Of course, you have the ability to integrate into a computer-based studio setup to use in conjunction with your other software and hardware synths.
Studio Centrepiece or Support
Akai's MPC X will effortlessly run as a high-powered MIDI Controller, Akai recognise producers use varying high-quality plugins so make this perfectly able to integrate with any Digital Audio Workstation software. You can also integrate the MPC 2.0 Software into your DAW.
Superior Sound Quality and Connectivity
The Akai MPC X Standalone Music Production Center comes integrated with 10GBs of superior-quality sound. The MPCX's Vault 2.0 comes with specially designed kits from professional sound design companies such as MVP Loops, CR2 Records and even Akai's own kits. If you want to integrate your own samples without connecting your computer, you can connect via the 2.5" SATA drive connector which allows for either SSD or HDD connection. In addition, sounds can be accessed via the built-in SD card slot too.
Perfect Live Performance Control Center
Akai have added the extremely handy ability to enable analogue control of external modular gear such as drum machines and other classic drum synths. This is done via the onboard CV/Gate outputs, a very handy feature for live performers. You can sample vinyl and still maintain ultra-high quality thanks to the two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamps. Sampling was integral to the history of the original MPC series; the X simply builds upon the idea with added quality.
MPC X HIGHLIGHTS:
- Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 Software, compatible with Mac & PC
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Links controls with OLED displays
- 66 buttons for direct, hardware access to all aspects of MPC 2.0 Software
- 4 selectable inputs: 2 XLR / ¼” combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 1/4” TRS jacks,2 instrument level, ¼” jacks, turntable RCA input with ground peg
- 8 outputs: balanced ¼” jack•Dual ¼” and 1/8” headphone outputs
- 2 full-size MIDI inputs, 4 full-size MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs enabling the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio,and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
(HXWXD IN MM)
When display is flat: 87.3 x 504.5 x 424.4
When display is upright: 213.5 x 504.5 x 387.9
(HXWXD IN INCHES)
When display is flat: 3.4 x 19.9 x 16.7
When display is upright: 8.4 x 19.9 x 15.3
Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer
MPC 2.0: Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB for all content), Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended), Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU